The children of all ages are engaged in educational and interactive activities in a safe and creative environment
About This Deal
- Click here to view the calendar
- Onsite cafeteria: lunch rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Visitors are able to leave for lunch and return to the museum at no additional cost.
- Transportation: parking is available next to the museum.
About Muncie Children's Museum
The Muncie Children's Museum has come a long way since it first opened its doors back in 1977. Originally located in the old Petty and Walgreen’s buildings in downtown Muncie, the museum became a popular destination for families but quickly outgrew its space. After many years of planning—along with strong support from the community—the museum moved into a new space and, to this day, provides children a fun and educational experience in a safe and creative environment.
- Size: 24,000 square feet of interactive activities meant to inspire creativity and imagination
- Eye Catcher: The Ant Wall where kids climb into a large ant-farm style wall while learning about the many different jobs ants have in a colony
- Permanent Exhibits: Over 15 exhibits including the Tot Spot, Outdoor Learning Center, Book Nook, Schoolhouse, and Water Works where kids can imaginatively channel water or aim water blasters at targets
- Occasional Exhibit: Animal Acts where children can meet one of the museums famous animals while participating in an activity
- Can't Miss: Discovery Park, a STEM exhibit educating children on how science plays a role in the world around them