Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for a one-year individual membership ($45 value)
- $40 for a one-year family membership ($75 value)
Membership includes unlimited free entry, invitations to preview receptions, the e-newsletter, discounts in the museum store, and reciprocal museum memberships, among other perks.
Museum of Contemporary Craft
From lamps to jewelry to free-form sculptures, more than seven decades of art fill the Museum of Contemporary Craft. The museum was founded in 1937, with the goal of save crafts from the Great Depression. Today, the curators continue this mission by exhibiting the past, present, and near future of craft.
- Size: Two floors and 4,500 total square feet showcase visiting exhibits and more than 1,000 objects from the permanent collection.
- The crafts: works of ceramics, glass, wood, metal, fiber, and mixed media
- Peak into the past: The archives contain thousands of slides, photos, and other materials that chronicle the past seven decades.
- Pro tip: Download an audio walkthrough to listen to while perusing the museum galleries.
- Special programs: lectures from visiting artists, designers, scholars, and experts from the DIY community
- Membership perks: reciprocal membership to 20 university art museums across the country
- While you're in the neighborhood: Check out nearby galleries at Blue Sky (dedicated to the photographic arts) and Charles A. Hartman Fine Art.