All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Like a mirror, art reflects the beauty of the world around us, reveals who we truly are, and can contain a lot of naked people. Step into a funhouse of art-mirrors with today's Groupon to the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get an annual individual membership (a $60 value), which includes free admission to the museum and a list of southeastern reciprocal museums; invitations to exhibition previews; a year's subscription to the members' quarterly magazine; 10% off in the Museum Store and at the MFA Café; and more.
- For $16, you get two adult admissions (a $32 value).
The hallowed halls of this prestigious museum permanently house works by Claude Monet, Georgia O'Keeffe, Robert Henri, and Aaron Siskind, among other hard-boiled image capturers. Its original building, designed by John Volk, opened in 1965 and has since expanded to include two interior gardens and the MFA Café, which allows eyes to continue their feasting frenzy with views of the downtown waterfront. More than 10,000 images take up two-dimensional residence on the MFA's walls, and ancient Greek and Roman sculptures prance boastfully around its galleries, having conquered the dimension linking time and space. In addition to the museum's permanent collection, rotating exhibitions ensure that return trips, like your last three identities, are warranted.
- Resembling a Mediterranean villa on the waterfront, this museum houses an excellent collection of European, American, pre-Columbian, and Far Eastern art, with works by such artists as Fragonard, Monet, Renoir, Cézanne, and Gauguin. – Frommer’s
- My boys and I truly enjoyed our experience and would highly recommend the Museum of Fine Arts to any person or family who desires to both learn about and enjoy the art of our world. – A TripAdvisor Member, 2/15/2006
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. For annual individual membership, limit 1 per person, may buy 2 as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Must activate membership by 4/21/11, membership expires 1 year from activation date. No cash back. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Museum of Fine Arts, St Petersburg
At the Museum of Fine Arts, in the heart of downtown St Petersburg, works of art from around the world gather like good friends. Georgia O'Keeffe's Poppy hangs not far from Robert Henri's Village Girl. Alexei von Jawlenkey’s Wasserburg on the Inn gives a glimpse of faraway lands, while Thomas Moran's Florida Landscape stays closer to home.
From antiquities to contemporary art, the MFA has something for everyone. While spending the afternoon in downtown St Petersburg, enjoy the MFA Café that serves up delicious works of art with a waterfront view. While you’re at it, browse the award-winning museum store for local art, artisan jewelry, art books, games and more.
- MFA collection spans 5,000 years, and you’ll find works from cultures across the globe, from Roman, to Asian, to African, to European and American.
- Special events include The Beer Project, Marly Music, Art in Bloom, and more.
- MFA Café overlooks the waterfront with dining inside and out Tuesday through Sunday 11am-3pm
- Museum Store houses hand-crafted jewelry from local artists, men's gifts, children's games and toys.
- Exciting special exhibitions are scheduled for the coming year, from fine art photography to mid-century jewelry of the jet set.
Who They Are
The Museum of Fine Arts is the only encyclopedic art museum in Florida, meaning it can tell all of the stories of art history, from ancient to contemporary. The Museum is dedicated to engaging and adapting to the community at large. In addition to the wide selection of art from past time periods through modern day, the Museum of Fine Arts offers educational and entertaining programming for both children and adults.