Refusing to discuss sexuality results in many confounding questions, which can only be answered by filling your living room with flocks of seagulls and swarms of killer bees. Prevent unnecessary pecks and stings with today’s Groupon to the Museum of Sex. Choose between the following options:
- For $19, you get two museum admissions (a $38 value). Admissions for this option may not be redeemed February 11–14.
- For $24, you get two museum admissions (a $49 value).<p>
Dedicated to presenting human sexuality in an honest and academic light, the Museum of Sex opens lines of discourse and promotes understanding of our sexual history through artifacts, multimedia, and exhibitions. Rather than hide them under a mattress, the museum proudly displays more than 15,000 artifacts in its permanent collection, including artwork, clothing and costumes, and historical ephemera. Guests can also stroll through several current exhibitions—Action: Sex and the Moving Image surveys the history of sex and film over their purely physical relationship of 150+ years, and The Sex Lives of Animals lays bare the mating habits of species other than our own, from the arranged marriages of panda bears to the hook-up culture of barflies. Newly arrived exhibits include Universe of Desire which examines the evolution of human desire in the digital age, and F*ck Art, showcasing street artists’ craft with two weeks of on-going installation, letting patrons glimpse artists fashioning boundary-shaking erotic art using paint, plaster, and paste in real-time. After a romp through the museum, drop by the Museum of Sex Store and apply this deal’s 15% discount to a selection of curios such as books, stationary, toys, and condoms. Adult Mad Libs ($3.99) can entertain a party or assist with a nonsensical pickup line, and A.B.C. of S.E.X. ($30) proves helpful when the normal alphabet proves too boring. At the OralFix Bar, imbibe aphrodisiac potions ($12) like the Forbidden Fruit and munch on a Lemon Love Bar ($1.50) for passion, beauty, and phytochemical freakiness.
The Museum of Sex
For over a decade, The Museum of Sex has showcased fascinating exhibitions exploring the art, science, and the study of sexuality. From working in partnership with over 100 major cultural institutions, artists, designers, and academics, the Museum's work spans the globe with over 25 exhibitions that range from a commentary on the sexual history of NYC and the history of hardcore imagery to the erotic heritage of China. Exhibits aim to put sex in context with our modern understanding of humanity, while also revealing the sometimes scintillating history of past generations.
- Something for Everyone: The Museum of Sex focuses on sex and sexuality from a variety of different lenses, including art, history, science and culture, on more than three floors.
- Interactive: Not everything in the Museum is behind glass. In fact, the museum features many interactive exhibits, including the Jump For Joy: Bouncy Castle of Breasts by Bompas & Parr.
- Permanent Collections: In addition to rotating exhibitions, the Museum of Sex also showcases artifacts from its collection of over 15,000 artifacts. Guests may take in fine art, historical artifacts and a collection of significant sexually related ephemera. Current featured artifacts include antique hand-powered vibrators, a dress constructed from thousands of condoms and Hugh Hefner’s smoking jacket.
- Don't Miss: At the store of The Museum of Sex, guests can peruse a curated selection of top quality products across various categories to further explore sexuality in a unique and pleasant environment.