Redeemed January 19, 2012
· Redeemed November 19, 2017
· Redeemed November 3, 2017
What You'll Get
In the botanical world, Valentine’s Day is celebrated with pollen dispersal via bouquet-toting insects and sneezing cupids. Explore less allergy-inducing alternatives with today's Groupon: for $9, you get one adult admission to the Museum of Sex on 5th Avenue (up to an $18 value). You must be 18 years or older to be admitted to the museum.
Devoted to the cross-cultural and historical study of human sexuality, the Museum of Sex houses more than 15,000 artifacts in its permanent collection that chronicle the expression of our pheromones in art, photography, clothing and costumes, ultra-modern technology, and historical ephemera. Instead of ignoring, repressing, burning, or flagellating these items, the museum celebrates and studies them in an open-minded, intellectual, and titter-free environment. Augment Valentine’s Day romance by exploring The Sex Lives of Animals, which delves into the amazing diversity of animal sexual behavior and armadillo peccadilloes. Other current exhibits include Action: Sex and the Moving Image, which examines how the motifs of cinematic sexuality have spread to every corner of impolite society, and Comics Stripped, which analyzes illustrated sagas of immodesty and their influence on Superman’s increasingly risqué costumes.
While stopping through, visit the museum's Mosex Store and peruse the purchasable plethora of titillating art, books, toys, and oddities. Or indulge in the sensual aphrodisiacs available at the OralFix Aphrodisiac Café. A lusty Almond Mocha Love Bar ($2.25) goes particularly well with a potent Lucky Devil potion (cinnamon and cardamom with a honey gold crystal rim; $4.50). After an enlightening visit to the Museum of Sex, you’ll put aside staid notions of baby-delivering storks, as well as the puritanical idea that the human body should only be used to harvest grain and act as catapult ballast.
Though the Museum of Sex sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
- We loved this museum since the minute we walked in. Every time we go to NYC we always go to the MOS (Museum of Sex)... This has different sections every year, there are so many things to look for and learn... BUT you must only go if you are NOT a shy person – Veronica-n-Luis, TripAdvisor
- There are lots of interesting exhibits and some amazing artifacts to check out. Overall its really worth a visit and a great place to take your partner.. but maybe not on a first date. – Hugh531, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 1, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Not valid until 2/15/11. Must be 18 or older. Must use in 1 visit. Not valid with other offers. Tax included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Museum of Sex
For over a decade, The Museum of Sex has showcased fascinating exhibitions exploring the art, science, and the study of sexuality. From working in partnership with over 100 major cultural institutions, artists, designers, and academics, the Museum's work spans the globe with over 25 exhibitions that range from a commentary on the sexual history of NYC and the history of hardcore imagery to the erotic heritage of China. Exhibits aim to put sex in context with our modern understanding of humanity, while also revealing the sometimes scintillating history of past generations.
- Something for Everyone: The Museum of Sex focuses on sex and sexuality from a variety of different lenses, including art, history, science and culture, on more than three floors.
- Interactive: Not everything in the Museum is behind glass. In fact, the museum features many interactive exhibits, including the Jump For Joy: Bouncy Castle of Breasts by Bompas & Parr.
- Permanent Collections: In addition to rotating exhibitions, the Museum of Sex also showcases artifacts from its collection of over 15,000 artifacts. Guests may take in fine art, historical artifacts and a collection of significant sexually related ephemera. Current featured artifacts include antique hand-powered vibrators, a dress constructed from thousands of condoms and Hugh Hefner’s smoking jacket.
- Don't Miss: At the store of The Museum of Sex, guests can peruse a curated selection of top quality products across various categories to further explore sexuality in a unique and pleasant environment.