Early humans developed the ability to sprint in order to chase down sprightly prey and invented long-distance running to escape from slowly approaching glaciers. Follow in their fossilized footsteps with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options from Mustang Stampede
- $20 for entry to the 10K run for two (up to a $60 value)
- $40 for entry to the 10K run for four (up to a $120 value)
- $20 for entry to the 5K run for two (up to a $60 value)
- $40 for entry to the 5K run for four (up to a $120 value)
- $20 for entry to the 5K walk for two (up to a $60 value)
- $40 for entry to the 5K walk for four (up to a $120 value)
On Sunday, September 9, runners and walkers clad in complimentary race T-shirts approach the Mustang Stampede's starting line to either walk 5 kilometers or run the 5- or 10-kilometer track. Competitive groups will be divided by age. The event begins at 9 a.m., and registration begins two hours earlier at the Willow Bay end of Onondaga Lake Park.
The Mustang Stampede is one of many track events hosted by the Syracuse Chargers Track Club, which has been supporting the development of athletes and community fitness since 1969.