All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed July 10, 2015
Reviewed June 18, 2015
Reviewed June 9, 2015
What You'll Get
For centuries mankind has envied pizza dough and wondered how we too could be kneaded to relaxed, savory states without paying for the luxury of being escorted via wooden paddle to a Sicilian brick oven. Be coerced into the shape of relaxation with today's Groupon at My Acu Spa on Mission Boulevard. Choose from the following options:
- For $125, you get a 90-minute initial naturopathic visit (a $250 value)
- For $55, you get a 90-minute corrective, holistic aromatherapy facial (a $110 value)
- For $45, you get a 90-minute initial acupuncture consultation and treatment (a $90 value)
Combining hands-on therapies with holistic treatment beliefs, My Acu Spa's 14 experienced practitioners tailor their care to address each patient's personal needs. In 90-minute consultations, naturopathy Dr. Jean-Luc Giuliano combines traditional medical training with alternative practices such as homeopathy and clinical nutrition to remedy the root causes of medical issues instead of just plucking their leaves.
During the 90-minute aromatherapy facial, clients relax as dry-skin plots change into irrigated facefields with a personalized fusion of all-natural products and modern technology. A 90-minute acupuncture consult and treatment draws on the ancient practice of inserting thin needles into certain points to channel the flow of energy through the body in an attempt to restore health and treat medical conditions.
My Acu Spa's intimate, relaxing space fits nine treatment rooms in which the spa's skilled practitioners ply their body-repairing craft, as well as an on-site cache of restorative herbal remedies. After their session, clients can walk along the beach to feel the refreshing spray from spit-taking dolphins stunned by their youthful glow.
- My Acu Spa not only celebrates its close proximity to the beach but also the community of holistic treatment. With several shared spaces, each independent contractor has the freedom often associated with traditional therapeutic services while still being part of the Acu Spa family. – Meaghan Clark, sdnews.com
- Very happy to see this establishment succeeding. Great location with parking. Everyone is quite friendly and ready to serve. I will definitely go back. – Robert W., Yelp, 1/6/11
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 7, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for service purchased. By appointment only. 24hr cancellation notice required. No cash back. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About My Acu Spa
Named for the staff's devotion to the ancient Chinese art of acupuncture, My Acu Spa's houses precise health, wellness, and beauty treatments from yesterday and today. In addition to its namesake therapy, the full service spa helps guests sap away stress with relaxing massages or balance out-of-whack humours with traditional herbal medicine. On the aesthetic side, facials and microdermabrasion rejuvenate careworn faces, and chemical peels reduce the dullness associated with accumulating dead skin or dipping your face in hot caramel. The spa is located conveniently between Pacific Beach and the Birdrock community of La Jolla, making it accessible to San Diego's beach communities.