Kids learn the basics of coding by messing around with the Minecraft source code to create off-the-wall mods
What You'll Get
- During the course, kids can learn real Java programming while creating custom mods for Minecraft.
- Course includes 12-month access to the learning platform keeping all software and projects.
- Designed for ages 7–15
- More than 35 hours of student projects, breakout videos, quizzes, and bonus material
- Can be taken anytime on the student’s schedule
- Includes online access to a team of friendly and responsive teachers
- Finished product can be played with friends and family on any Mac or PC
- Technical requirements:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, or Mac OS 10.9 or higher
- Macs must be 64-bit (standard in Macs released since 2008)
- Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari web browser
- Minecraft for Mac or PC (not Pocket Edition) recommended, but not required
- Computers must meet hardware requirements of Minecraft
- Download speed of 1 mbps or higher
- Learn more
The Fine Print
CodaKid was founded with a simple mission: to educate the next generation of coders, designers, and entrepreneurs who will use their skills and knowledge to make the world a better place. CodaKid has taught over 10,000 students how to code with its award-winning courses and student-centered approach. CodaKid has been featured by Fox News, CBS News, ABC News, and Tech.co and its kids coding courses received a 2017 Parents' Choice Gold Award from the nation’s oldest nonprofit guide to quality children’s media and toys. Founder David Dodge is a former game designer and software architect with credits on over 30 titles for the Sony Playstation, PC, and various SEGA platforms.