Most modern cuisine is a continuation of classic dishes, just as a computer is a slightly modified typewriter and a washing machine is a river in a box. Revel in palatable progress with today's Groupon: for $20, you get $40 worth of upscale, contemporary cuisine at Nage in Rehoboth Beach.
Nage, winner of _Food Network Magazine_’s best burger in Delaware, tenders a menu of contemporary, imaginative viands that soliloquizes the love of fresh, local produce shared by the bistro’s culinary architects. Dive into the Seafood a la Nage's swells of tomato-saffron broth swirling with shrimp, mussels, and clams ($30), or set tooth-scimitars to slicing through a sizzling roasted chicken breast slathered in peach mustard ($23). Chefs quell garden-centric cravings and placate demanding brontosauruses with the vegetarian tasting platter's cornucopia of daily fresh veggies and grains ($24). The prime rib burger plays host to smoked onions and gouda, as a side of Nage frites unconvincingly asserts that it’s just happy to be there ($16).
Herbivores or the herbi-curious can sink smiles into a special menu of veggie-only fare on Meatless Mondays. Females fill Nage Wednesday evenings for ladies' night, which boasts $5 select cocktails and $5 house wines all night.
At Nage’s cozy dining room and wine bar, The Fork and Flask, guests share small plates of truffle mac-n-cheese, mussels, and ricotta gnocchi paired with glasses of wine or specialty cocktails. The chefs use seasonal, local, and organic ingredients in their tapas and entrées, such as sirloin steak frites and Chesapeake crab cakes, making popular modern dishes with a tip of the hat to tradition. Original art work, low-hanging lights, and a chalkboard specials menu set the scene. Highlights of The Fork and Flask at Nage include:
- 11 years serving Rehoboth community
- Innovative menu driven by Executive Chef Sean Corea, known for his hand-made pasta
- Menu favorites include Seafood á la Nage and the Nage Classic Burger
- Ingredients are seasonal and locally sourced whenever possibly, using the Delmarva farming community
- Active member in Delaware's Culinary Coast
- Extensive wine selection with at least 30 selections by the glass
- Fresh desserts, pastries, and breads made in-house by Pastry Chef Dru Tevis
- Live music every Friday in the wine bar with no cover
- Open every day year-round
19730 Coastal Hwy.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971