To make the body produce adrenaline, people usually must kick a cop in the chin, juggle soldering irons, or trap wild animals underneath wet newspaper. Today's Groupon gives you a more comfortable way to excite your cellular infrastructure: a NASCAR Racing Experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord. Choose one of the following options:
- For $192, you get the practice driving experience, plus a photo package of three 5"x7" pictures (up to a $384 value, including the $35 driver's fee). You must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license to drive.
- For $124, you get the family three-person pace car ride (a $249 value).
- For $49, you get a pace car ride, plus a 5"x7" photo of the experience (a $99 value).
Available dates vary, so check the schedule to see when the putt-putt parade is in the area.
NASCAR Racing Experience gives racing aficionados the opportunity to motion-blur their way around Charlotte Motor Speedway, one of the sport’s most hallowed tracks and the home of the Coca-Cola 600, the Bank of America 500, and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race. During the practice driving experience, you’ll strap into one of NASCAR Racing Experience’s authentic racecars, with a fleet that includes sleek rides formerly driven by NASCAR superstars like Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Jeff Gordon. After receiving handy training from your crew chief, amateur need-for-speeders get a five-minute driving session motoring around the 1.5-mile track. Along the way, your crew chief will give you tips for smoother driving, such as “Steadily accelerate as you come off this turn” and “Watch out—penguins on the loose in turn 4.” Once finished, you’ll receive a graduate certificate and a tri-fold photo package of your asphalt adventure taken by a professional photographer.
If driving at insanely high speeds reminds you too much of the car chase you take to work every morning, you also have the option of riding with a professional racing instructor inside NASCAR Racing Experience’s official pace car, a race-prepped Mustang, which will cruise around the superspeedway’s track for three exhilarating laps and blow past the start/finish line at the speed of a turbo-motorized puma. Burn rubber and make crisp turns like Tony Stewart with today’s Groupon to NASCAR Racing Experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Must be 5 ft. tall and at least 100 lbs. If under 18 years old, you must have a signed waiver to ride. Reservations are required. Limited dates available.
- Had a blast here! Would recommend it for the whole family! – AnnWellz, Citysearch
- Of the 10 or so tracks I have been at, Lowe's [the speedway's former name] seems to be the most fan friendly when it comes to off days. Other tracks seem to care less if you want to look around. Lowe's makes a big production of it. – BorisSaid, TripAdvisor
Charlotte Motor Speedway
5555 Concord Pkwy. S
Concord, North Carolina 28027Get Directions