What You'll Get
While being in nature can be spiritually fulfilling, many choose to immerse themselves in it virtually to avoid encounters with extreme temperatures, stinging jellyfish, and bureaucratic chimpanzee societies. Delve into representations of wilderness with today’s Groupon from National Geographic Store. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get the Great Migrations official companion book (a $24.95 value), including shipping (a $5.95 value; a $30.90 total value).
- For $15, you get the three DVD Great Migrations set (a $34.95 value), including shipping (a $7.95 value; a $42.90 total value).
- For $20, you get the two-disc, Blu-ray Great Migrations set (a $54.95 value), including shipping (a $10.95 value; a $65.90 total value).
- For $30, you get the 10-disc Deluxe Edition Ultimate Nature Collection (a $59.95 value), including shipping (a $10.95 value; a $70.90 total value).
- For $35, you get the six DVD-ROM The Complete National Geographic set (a $69.95 value), including shipping (a $13.95 value; an $83.90 total value).
The hardcover Great Migrations companion book captures 250 striking color images of animalian odysseys, accompanied by pertinent details surrounding the people, technology, and storied making of the miniseries. The high-definition Great Migrations three DVD series depicts these expansive and onerous journeys and is richly narrated by Alec Baldwin. The series, which can also be purchased in Blu-ray form, spans myriad species in diverse ecosystems, from ice floes to cliff-blinds, as each animal group migrates to auxiliary homes in pursuit of its favorite seasonal microbrews.
Nature lovers could also opt for six DVD-ROMs that encompass more than 121 years of National Geographic, featuring every article, map, and photo printed through 2009 in one high-resolution navigable package. Virtual explorers can immerse themselves in classic maps, create a customized archive by highlighting lists of articles, or test their brains' strength with a trivia game. With the complete collection of National Geographic encased in vault-like digital permanence, magazine collectors can finally feel free to decoupage their dens in old issues without being afraid of losing any knowledge.
Finally, the 10-disc Ultimate Nature Collection delves into deep underwater worlds, covers endangered African ecosystems, and faces catastrophic earthquakes and volcanoes in its quest to document natural forces and species. Depicting remote splendor and creatures, from the blue whale to jaguars and hyenas, the widescreen collection contains 620 minutes of thrilling, raw wilderness, which takes 600 more minutes than it does to set up a tent in your backyard.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 23, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person per option, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Online only. Allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. Tax included where applicable. U.S. shipping addresses only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.