Since its invention, ice skating has brought us countless thrilling hockey games, scores of inspiring figure-skating routines, and one unforgettable NBA season. Be like Darryl Dawkins in the '82–'83 season with this Groupon.
Choose from 12 Options
- $99 for a 10-week Learn to Skate program for a child aged 3 or older (a $199 value)
Classes start the week of March 31. Choose from the following class times:
- Mondays, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Mondays, 4 p.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 1 p.m.–2 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- Thursdays, 3:30 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Fridays, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Saturdays, 10 a.m.–10:45 a.m.
- Saturdays, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Sundays, 10:45 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Sundays, 12:15 p.m.–1 p.m.
During the hockey-training centre’s Learn to Skate program, youngsters pick up basic skating skills and techniques through fun games and drills. Kids learn fundamental skills that can be applied to hockey, figure skating, or just recreational skating. Students should bring their own skates, gloves, and helmet.
National Hockey Training Centre
The staff at National Hockey Training Centre takes the official national winter sport seriously. Not only do they lead group programs throughout the year for both children and adults, but they also offer one-on-one ice training. During these 30-minute sessions, coaches help individuals meet specific goals, such as competing on a regional team or mastering the backwards skate in order to gracefully exit an escalating argument with a Zamboni driver.