Choose from 21 Options
C$99 for a Learn to Skate program for ages 3 or older (C$259 value). Choose from the following sessions:
- Mondays, 9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- Mondays, 3:30 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 1:15 p.m.–2:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 3:45 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- Thursdays, 3:30 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Fridays, 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Saturdays, 1 p.m.–1:45 p.m.
- Saturdays, 2:30 p.m.–3:15 p.m.
- Saturdays, 6:15 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Sundays, 10:45 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Sundays, 12:15 p.m.–1 p.m.
C$99 for a Learn to Play Hockey Level 1 program for ages 3 or older (C$259 value). Choose from the following sessions:
- Mondays, 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Mondays, 4:15 p.m.–5 p.m.
- Thursdays, 10:30 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
- Fridays, 9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- Saturdays, 1:45 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Sundays, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
C$99 for a Learn to Play Hockey Level 2 program for ages 4 or older (C$259 value). Choose from the following sessions:
- Thursdays, 4:15 p.m.–5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 12:15 p.m.–1:15 p.m.
- Sundays, 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
During the hockey-training centre’s fall program, youngsters pick up basic skating skills and techniques through fun games and drills taught by instructor Rob Thompson. Prior experience is not required for Learn To Skate session, but to Learn to Play Hockey students must have basic skating skills.
Those who can already skate or have graduated from the Learn to Skate program can apply their skills toward learning how to play hockey, which has level one and two. Learn to Play Hockey level one or similar experience is required for level two. Skills covered include power skating and puck control. The programs run from September to December.
National Hockey Training Centre
The staff at National Hockey Training Centre takes the official national winter sport seriously. Not only do they lead group programs throughout the year for both children and adults, but they also offer one-on-one ice training. During these 30-minute sessions, coaches help individuals meet specific goals, such as competing on a regional team or mastering the backwards skate in order to gracefully exit an escalating argument with a Zamboni driver.