|_Jump to: Reviews||Classic Children’s Books to Help You Sleep Like a Baby_|
Soak away the worries that have lodged themselves in the nooks of your joints and the crooks of your connective tissues while inhaling a bouquet of soothing, therapeutic scents. Today’s deal will restore your body to a nubile state of relaxed joyousness unlike any since you got your braces removed. With this Groupon, $65 gets you an indulgent package that includes a massage, facial, and your choice of express manicure or deluxe foot polish, plus access to the eucalyptus steam room at Natural Body Spa and Shop. The relaxing retreat dominated 2009’s Best of Citysearch in 17 categories, including best nail salon, best massage, and best facial.
Retreat to one of Natural Body Spa’s beautiful sanctuaries in DC, Arlington, and Potomac, and feel the pressures of the outside world dissolve off your soon-to-be-tension-free shoulders. You can fully appreciate your pampering without guilt when you get this sweet spa service suite for a friend. Click above to gift your friends with last-minute Hanukkah Groupons, and stuff your uptight officemate’s inbox with Yuletide cheer. Dare your holiday headaches and lingering in-law tension to hold up through the gauntlet of relaxation and prettification:
- Mini lemongrass and ginger massage (30 minutes): Calm the nervous system with your therapists’ tender touch and the invigorating aromas of lemongrass and ginger to warm muscles and draw out toxins.
- Mini Jurlique aromatherapy facial (30 minutes): A custom skin analysis tailors this cleansing and hydrating facial treatment to your skin. Jurlique products are made from handpicked flowers and plants from biodynamic farms in South Australia to produce skin calming, aromatic results.
- Express manicure or deluxe toe polish: Choose to pamper your hands or feet with expertly trimmed, shaped, and polished nails, including a light massage for feet.
- Access to eucalyptus steam room: Perfect for relaxing, warming up, and clearing out your sinuses this winter.
Washingtonian’s reviewer liked the massage at the Arlington location, and I Am Modern Magazine said its eco-friendliness left them with a clean conscience: > * The Jurlique products smelled very earthy and flowery as they are filled with natural ingredients and herbs. We smelled lavender, calendula, rosemary and other delightful scents. There were no chemicals, no preservatives and nothing artificial about our facial. We felt great and when our time was up, our skin looked great and our conscious was clear, knowing we did little in this hour, to leave behind our carbon footprint. – I Am Modern Magazine > * The new Natural Body Spa in Arlington gets the little things right…I found a professional, efficient staff that was quick to lead me to a quiet waiting area and offer water. Natural Body isn’t a slick modern space but a candlelit New Agey haven heavy on aromatherapy scents and potions….During my massage, my therapist, Allison, actually read the health questionnaire I had filled out—something many spa therapists don’t seem to bother with. After rubbing the kinks out of my back, she draped it with a heated blanket. When I flipped over onto my back, she gently placed on my face a cinnamon-scented eye pillow…Allison’s strokes were very good. – Sherri Dalphonse, Washingtonian
Yelpers give Natural Body Spa 3.5 stars, and Citysearchers give it five stars: > * …I had a 60-minute massage. I followed it up with a 20-minute eucalyptus steam room add-on. It was heaven - exactly what I needed to beat the winter blues… – Lewis101, Citysearch > * The women there were super friendly and very nice. They did a terrific job on the service. I was so pleased with everything that i also went and got an hour massage. After dealing with my family all weekend…it was definitely needed!! – mereditheats, Citysearch > * The staff is welcoming and personable; the services are relaxing and complete… The receptionist are sweet and always offer yummy tea or a healthy snack. – The Face, Citysearch
Massages, like the mini lemongrass and ginger massage, have numerous benefits, including the ability to help you sleep better. To help you sleep like a baby, try rereading one of these classic children’s books:
- The Anthropomorphic Thing that Learns a Lesson
- Incurious Serge Leaves The Carnival Early
- Mommy, What’s a European Voltage Convertor?
- The Ugly Mermaid
- The Fantastic Adventures of Frank, The Boy Who Sat Quietly When Asked
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.