Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for two tickets to a featured exhibition ($24 value)
- $30 for four tickets to a featured exhibition ($48 value)
This Groupon is valid for one of the following exhibits:
- A Shared Legacy: Folk Art in America, March 28–July 5, 2015
- Ferran Adrià: Notes on Creativity, February 28–August 2, 2015
- American Epics: Thomas Hart Benton and Hollywood, October 10, 2015- January 3, 2016
General admission to the rest of the museum’s collections is free.
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
No region, time, or artistic medium seems to fall outside the scope of The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. A trip through its exhibits takes visitors back to Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome. The paintings, sculptures, and photos then travel all the way up to present day—with significant works from the Americas, Africa, and Asia.
- Size: visiting exhibits and a permanent collection that totals more than 35,000 works
- Eye Catchers: Claes Oldenburg's Shuttlecocks, giant sculptures which sit prominently outside the museum
- Don't Miss: John Carbutt's photograph of William T. Sherman and his son, taken in 1865
- The Building: built in a classic Beaux-arts style, the original Nelson-Atkins building opened in 1933
- Pro Tip: Pack a picnic, then spread out in the Donald J. Hall Sculpture Park
- Interactive Art: Visitors twist, turn, and pet the minotaur inside Robert Morris's gigantic Glass Labyrinth, located in the sculpture park
- Special Programs: guided tours, free audio tours, art classes, lectures, and special tactile tours for the blind
- Become an Artist: the museum permits pencils and sketchpads up to 24" x 36"