$39 for a King and Queen’s Tea package for two, available Friday–Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the San Bruno location ($70 value)
- Two choices of English-style loose-leaf tea
- Four kinds of bite-size sandwiches with homemade sauces
- Spring mix salad with italian vinaigrette
- House-made coleslaw
- Two cranberry scones with strawberry jelly and devonshire cream
- Two pieces each of banana bread and glazed lemon bread
- Two petite thumbprint cookies
- Two madeleines
- Two pieces each of triple-layer chocolate mousse cake and lemon-coconut mousse cake
- Two petite cheesecakes
- Fruit mix
- Two choices of French macaroons
Never Too Latte
As Charles Kusuma was coming up in the restaurant and hotel industry, his mother—who had long hoped to own her own cafe—kept him grounded with a simple piece of advice: always treat your guest as your friend. When she passed away, Charles decided to pursue her dream in her honor. He rescued a local cafe from closing, and reopened it on his mother's birthday in 2010 as Never Too Latte, complete with a business mantra that would make her proud: "Enter as strangers, leave as friends."
From the red-velvet mochas to the boxes of macarons baked by Charles's wife, Sheila, most things at Never Too Latte have a personal touch. You can even stay well into lunch and dinnertime, as the menu features crepes, sandwiches, desserts, and pastries.