Mankind’s underdeveloped climbing skills and inability to digest tin cans are two ways in which evolution left humans inferior to goats. It’s mind over Matterhorn with this Groupon.
$39 for Belay Certification Course, Week of Free Admission, and Three Additional Day Passes ($91 Value)
- Covers basic skills such as harness use, knot tying, belaying, lowering, and gym etiquette
- Four-to-one ratio of students to instructors
- Classes ($40 value) last 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the number of students
- Course includes one free week of admission, plus gear rental and a pass to climb for the balance of the day
- Guests receive three additional day passes after free week ($17 value each)<p>
Though New Jersey Rock Gym sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.<p>
New Jersey Rock Gym
Home to the state's largest freestanding bouldering island, New Jersey Rock Gym houses 12,000 square feet of vertical terrain to climb as well as 41 top roping stations. Armed with either day passes or membership, guests scamper up the gym's synthetic summits, hoping to ask questions of the learned ceiling light sequestered at the top of the mountain. While gear is included with some membership options, guests can opt to bring their own materials or rent the individual shoes ($5), harnesses ($4), or chalk bags ($2) they need from the pro shop. New Jersey Rock Gym offers a collection of educational course work in the vertical arts, teaching belay technique to beginners or advanced skills. Children can also take advantage of youth climbing programs, mini camps, and birthday parties before retiring to private refreshment chambers to absorb bottles of electrolyte-infused refreshment. The nearby pro shop outfits climbers with name-brand gear for purchase, while a WiFi lounge transmits terabytes of data into nearby electronic devices or unsecured cyborg brains.
373 Rte. 46 W
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004