Jump to: Reviews
Today’s side deal gets you a beautifully crafted 10-inch cake from New World Pastries for $30 (a $60 value). When you place your order, you may choose to pick up your cake at the Theatre Cafe on Irving Park Road or at New World Pastries’ kitchen in Evanston.
French native and pastry chef Eric Marie has been making magical desserts since his prestigious career began at École de Paris des Metiers de la Table. He has since brought his talents across the Atlantic to local establishments such as Park Grill, Green Dolphin Street, and Bin 36. Choose from six velvety, mouthwatering options:
- Buche de Noël: Instead of your normal Yule log, try one that swirls delicate cake with capuccino.
- Snowball: Get hit in the face with a tightly packed orb of dark chocolate mousse coated in white chocolate and sweet coconut.
- Nika: Satisfy your fruit-tooth with this elegant vanilla sponge cake with mango mousse and fresh berries.
- Glazed Marquise: The only thing more satisfying than this cake’s dark-chocolate glaze is tearing into it to plunder the raspberry chocolate mousse underneath.
- Home Sweet Home: Let this caramelized apple and cinnamon tart topped with cheesecake mousse call your family to the table this holiday season.
- White chocolate pumpkin cheesecake: The only thing sad about cheesecake and pumpkin pie is their lack of chocolate and each other. This sadness-free creation combines them all.
Your 10-inch cake will feed ten to twelve people, or one hungry—but not necessarily hungry, hungry—hippo. Show up to your next dinner party with one of New World’s decadent desserts and your impeccable taste will win you enough holiday invites to let you stay choosy about your friends for another year.
New World Pastries has 461 fans on Facebook and Evanston Roundtable attests to the pastry chef’s dedication and care with each sweet creation: > * We had a cake from New World Pastries at my 10th high school reunion. Honestly, the best cake I’ve ever eaten my whole life. – Mahendra, Facebook > * He is the creator of delectable pastries for some of Chicago’s finest hotels and restaurants, but is content to leave the impression the desserts are made by them. Perhaps it is enough for Eric Marc Marie that he is living out his dream. – Victoria Scott, Evanston Roundtable
2958 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, Illinois 60618Get Directions