All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed April 16, 2012
Reviewed March 21, 2012
Reviewed March 21, 2012
What You'll Get
Although class warfare sounds political, it only refers to overachieving students reenacting the Battle of Thermopylae for extra credit. Break out your notebook and sharpened pencil for this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $19 a class (up to a $50 value)
- $39 for any class priced up to $100 and the $10 registration fee (up to a $110 total value)
- $59 for any class priced up to $160 and the $10 registration fee (up to a $170 total value)<p>
Running throughout the year, available programs include:
- Single-session lectures such as “Feng Shui for New Yorkers” (a $30 value) or multiple-week courses such as Abstract Painting (a $160 value)
- Online courses on topics including organic cooking such as the Wraps and Rolls class (a $99 value)
- Two-hour interactive webinars such as the four-week “Science of Flourishing and Happiness” (a $129 value)<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 14, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. 48hr advance reservation required; subject to availability. Valid only for select classes in Winter 2012 catalog. Not valid for prior registration or balances. Not valid for trainings, wellness services, bookstore purchases or cafe purchases. Extra materials fee applies to select classes. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About New York Open Center
Serving as a New York epicenter of holistic thought, the nonprofit educational and cultural center hosts more than 500 programs per year, taught by renowned teachers such as Deepak Chopra. In-person programs cover topics ranging from wellness and psychology to the interplay between ecology and culture, and the center’s online courses teach students how to incorporate feng shui into an urban lifestyle or tie-dye their auras to match their favorite sweaters. Students anywhere in the world can participate in streaming webinars, which pair interactive instruction with live question-and-answer sessions. One-hour wellness sessions vanquish physical and spiritual pains with a choice of 15 healing modalities, and an onsite bookstore expands visitors' horizons with world music, educational DVDs, and a secret passage to a cavernous vault filled with globes.