|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
- Buy tickets for Saturday, August 15, 7 p.m., vs. Chivas USA. ($16)
- Buy tickets for Sunday, August 23, 3 p.m., vs. FC Dallas. ($16)
- Buy tickets for Sunday, August 30, 6 p.m. vs. Columbus Crew. ($16)
International soccer superstar David Beckham’s 2007 MLS arrival immediately changed the American soccer landscape. Though he provided the sport with national exposure and thousands of new fans, Beckham also continues to make a number of smaller contributions that have received far less media attention:
- He referees no less than 50 AYSO games per day.
- He hand-stitches all MLS game balls using strands of his hair for thread and pieces of his jogging suits for the casing.
- He holds pre-game cookouts for Red Bulls fans where he serves his famous Beckham nuggets (soccer ball-shaped meatballs).
- He flies the official MLS blimp over state fairs throughout the Midwest.
Whether you’re a soccer fanatic or a newbie looking to embrace the world’s most popular sport, today’s Groupon is calling your name using a threatening yet non-violent tone. For 35 bucks, snatch a sideline ticket to watch the New York Red Bulls take on the LA Galaxy at Giants Stadium on July 16. Every year this match is one of the biggest of the season and the folks at Giants Stadium anticipate a larger-than-life crowd. If you’re interested in going to more Red Bulls games, check out today’s side deal for three August matches.
This year’s Red Bulls-Galaxy match is going to be even bigger. It’s the return of fútbol legend and Bend It Like Beckham screenwriter David Beckham to the MLS’s LA Galaxy after his stint with AC Milan. You can also check out The Galaxy’s Landon Donovan, who scored a goal against Brazil in the Confederations Cup Final. Grab your friends, grab your family, grab your family’s personal portrait artist to watch Juan Pablo Angel lead the Red Bulls into battle against the Galaxy and a British man.
BONUS: Today’s Groupon purchasers will be entered into an exclusive raffle for an autographed jersey and special on-field experience at the game. You’ll fill out a raffle ticket when you exchange your Groupon for the Red Bulls ticket at the stadium. The raffle will be held at the final game of the season.
While most fans don’t review their game-going experience like products or services, one fan loves the Red Bulls enough to share his enthusiasm on Yelp:
- They’ve been my favorite club…and it finally seems as though there is a coaching staff in place that can put a winner on the pitch. – Jonathan