For $40, today's side deal gets you a ticket, including pre-match open bar and luxury bus transportation, to a New York Sportimes tennis match (a $70 value). Choose from seven matches:
- Monday, July 5, at 7 p.m. vs. the Washington Kastles
- Wednesday, July 7, at 7 p.m. vs. the Boston Lobsters
- Sunday, July 11, at 4 p.m. vs. the Philadelphia Freedoms
- Monday, July 12, at 7 p.m. vs. the Springfield Lasers
- Wednesday, July 14, at 7 p.m. vs. the Philadelphia Freedoms
- Thursday, July 15, at 7 p.m. vs. the Washington Kastles
- Monday, July 19, at 7 p.m. vs. the New York Buzz
The New York Sportimes is one of two Big Apple–based teams in World Team Tennis, a league bringing tennis stars together on coed squads for exciting and fan-friendly matches around the country. Members of the 2010 Sportimes team include tennis icon John McEnroe and Kim Clijsters, the winner of the 2009 U.S. Open Women's Singles Championship. Other tennis stars appearing on World Team Tennis squads include Andy Roddick (on the Freedoms), Serena and Venus Williams (on the Kastles), Martina Hingis (on the Buzz), James Blake (on the Lobsters), and Martin Damm (on the Lasers). With a ticket ($40), you'll get a best-available grandstand seat at the intimate Sportimes Stadium, located on Randall's Island.
In addition to admission to the tennis match, this deal also gets you all you can drink and unlimited hors d'oeuvres at Turtle Bay starting two hours before the match. A luxury bus will shuttle you to the match after you've had your fill of beer and bites.
- I mean, it's always great atmosphere because you have the teammates rooting for you. It's totally different when you play tournaments, it's mostly quiet. Here you have the music playing, the team, everyone is rooting for you, you have the coach on the court. – Martina Hingis in Random Thoughts of a Lurker
- …the main attraction is still great play, and an assortment of legendary players mixed in with some that new viewers will likely be seeing for the first time. – Larry Getlen, City Scops
1 Randall's Island
New York, New York 10035Get Directions