Car service transports clients around town or to special events in a sleek Jaguar luxury sedan with WiFi
What You'll Get
If you want to beat traffic, you can leave early, stay late, or go around pulling the engine out of every car you see. Ease transportation woes with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $75 for one hour of transportation in a Jaguar sedan for up to two ($150 value)
- $225 for three hour of transportation in a Jaguar sedan for up to two ($450 value)
Horsepower: An Estimate of Engines' Energy
A fine-tuned engine performs at peak capacity, running smoothly and generating more horsepower. Read on to learn more about horsepower and what it means to work.
An engine that packs a lot of horsepower is an engine that is ready to work. The 18th-century engineer James Watt coined the term to help sell steam engines to mills and mining operations. Watt estimated that an average horse, per minute, could perform 33,000 foot-pounds of work—meaning it could pull 330 pounds a total distance of 100 feet. It was just a rough estimate, but Watt's calculation has endured as an official unit for measuring engines' work.
The Benefits of Horsepower
The Model T only had 20 horsepower, but modern cars have left Henry Ford's creation in the dust. Popular cars, like the Camry or CR-V, house engines that provide 150+ horsepower, an ample amount for running errands and towing kids' wagons behind them. High-performance luxury cars, meanwhile, boast more than 700 horsepower for more powerful acceleration, and trucks that need to carry heavy loads often fall within the 300–400 range.
- The unit could have just as easily been ponypower, since Watt originally calculated that an average mine pony could do 22,000 foot-pounds of work. To arrive at horsepower, he simply increased that number by half.
- Watt's work on work was so influential that a fundamental unit of modern science bears his name.
- Incidentally, the electrical equivalent of one horsepower is 746 watts, or roughly the same energy it takes to totally shred a Van Halen guitar solo.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 60 miles of zip code 92879. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per household. Must use promotion value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.