Known for its spices, Indian fare jolts the taste buds in a manner that kissing an electrical socket could never match. Enjoy shockingly good cuisine with today's Groupon to Nirvana. Choose from the following options:
- For $29, you get a tandoori or vegetarian dinner for two (up to a $54 value) that includes:
- An appetizer of vegetable samosas or onion bhaj with chutney
- A platter of traditional tandoori or vegetarian dishes
- A dessert of rice pudding
- For $10, you get $20 worth of Indian fare during lunch; entrees range from $9–$25. This deal can be used toward the daily lunch buffet ($11.95).
- For $15, you get $20 worth of Indian fare during dinner; entrees range from $9–$25. This deal can be used toward the Monday dinner buffet ($16).
At Nirvana, the aroma of authentic Northern Indian cuisine wafts among the exposed brick walls, framed art, and white tablecloths of the dining room or follows taste buds out onto an outdoor patio for al fresco meals. Dining duos can BYOB and settle into supper by splitting the flaky pastry shells of vegetable samosas or dunking crispy onion bhaji fritters into an accompanying pool of sweet mango chutney that prompts double dipping and matches of Marco Polo. The main course diverges down vegetarian or tandoori paths, with the meat-free option greeting taste buds with saag paneer, navrattan korma and plate-cleansing swaths of naan bread. The tandoori main course sprawls across tabletops with a half-dozen traditional dishes including seekh kebab, jumbo shrimp, and tulsi tikka chicken garbed with king's cumin and cheddar cheese, supported by a chorus of sides, such as pulao rice, raita, and cucumber salad. Sweet notes of rice pudding finish off meals by prompting friends to converse and quarreling sea captains to spoon-feed each other.
14543 Memorial Dr.
Houston, Texas 77079