Hockey players are like children: they are often missing teeth, are placed in a time-out box when they get into a fight, and their legs can be rubbed for good luck. Give yourself the luck of a child with today's Groupon: for $29, you get one ticket to a New Jersey Devils game played at the Prudential Center in downtown Newark (a $58 value). Choose one of the following games:
- Tuesday, March 15 at 7 p.m. against the Atlanta Thrashers
- Wednesday, March 30 at 7 p.m. against the New York Islanders
- Wednesday, April 6 at 7 p.m. against the Toronto Maple Leafs
Led by Jacques Lemaire, the 2010–2011 New Jersey Devils aim to win their third straight NHL Atlantic Division championship. Though off to a slow start, the Devils look to rebound behind the strong play of Czech winger Patrik Elias and veteran goaltender Martin Brodeur, whose six tentacles have made his goal an impenetrable fortress. With this deal, you’ll get 100-level mezzanine seating at one of three Devils games.
Opened in 2007, the impressively pristine Prudential Center has been the foundation of downtown Newark’s revitalization and is accessible by PATH Train and NJ Transit. Feel free to take the entire gang to this family-friendly event, where you’ll witness the spectacle of this world-class arena, the highjinks of the 275-year-old mascot N.J. Devil, and the smell of the penalty box’s Easy-Bake Oven.
Nearly fifty Yelpers adore the New Jersey Devils’ home arena, the Prudential Center, giving it an average of four stars. Eight TripAdvisors give it an average of four owl eyes. More than 145,800 Facebookers like the New Jersey Devils.
- The only hockey arena in the country architecturally made for hockey. Great sight lines, not a bad seat in the house. I've sat all over here too. Good food and beers. – Devin L., Yelp, 9/27/10
- This arena is awesome. Went there for a devils-islanders preseason hockey game last night and it was worth the trip. – Justin F., Yelp, 10/2/10
Newark Central Business District
165 Mulberry St.
Newark, New Jersey 07102Get Directions