- $9 for one night tubing admission ($14 value)
Avalanche. Gentle Giant. Take 8 Glade. When snow starts to fall over Wisconsin, these and fifteen other runs, skiing and snowboarding lesson come to life at Nordic Mountain. Staffers carefully groom the snow to make sure it's ready for when the season's crop of skiers and snowboarders arrive; until then, check out these inside tips:
- Difficulty: Runs have one of four levels, from "easiest" to "experts only."
- For newbies: Instructors teach skiing and snowboarding lessons during private and group sessions.
- A 100-foot vertical drop at the tubing hill sends you sliding down at speeds up to 40 miles per hour.
- Safety: About 70 experts make up the ski patrol team.
- Grind rails across three terrain parks help you execute sick tricks.
- Where to eat: Nordy's Pub, which serves reuben sandwiches, pizzas, and burgers right on the mountain.
- In the summer: Ride around more than 104 acres of bike trails, with difficulty levels ranging from beginner to pro.