Scuba diving has allowed humans to explore uncharted terrain and discover which of its majestic wildlife is delicious. Dive in to this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$195 for an SSI open-water vacation referral program with e-learning option (a $393 total value)
- Classroom and pool instruction (a $299 value)
- Referral e-learning kit (a $45 value) * Referral paperwork (a $49 value)
- Classroom and pool instruction (a $299 value) * Academic e-learning kit (a $45 value) * Four New England open-water dives (a $199 value) * Rental equipment for open-water dives (a $90 value)
$449 for an SSI open-water-certification package and a specialty diving course (up to a $907.99 total value)
- Everything included in the above SSI open-water-certification package (a $633 value)
- Instruction in one specialty course (up to a $225 value). Choose from night and limited-visibility diver, underwater navigator, digital underwater photography, or perfect buoyancy.
- Academic materials (a $49.99 value)
Class fees for the SSI open-water certification and the referral program include some necessary sundries, such as a BCD, tank, and regulator; masks, fins, snorkels, and boots may be rented for an additional $55. The same equipment can be rented for open-water dives for certification for $55. For the certification program, this fee also covers equipment use during all four open-water dives. Referral-program followers receive paperwork that qualifies them to partake in future open-water dives through another facility, and students who choose the diving courses option must be open-water certified before taking each class and provide their own complete scuba equipment, including masks, fins, tanks, regulators, and logbooks, most of which are also available for rental. Boat dives for each course—up to an additional $85—are also not included in this Groupon.
Through open-water certifications and more specialized SSI scuba-diving courses at Northeast Scuba, aquatic wanderers of all experience levels explore New England waters and marine life. Their certified instructors often begin with introductory courses to immerse newcomers in the sport and give them the skills to nap in the bathtub as well as offering specialty training courses such as wreck diving, night diving, underwater digital photography and video, search & recovery, deep diving, and rescue training. For those interested in teaching, the school also provides instructor training to SSI and TDI standards.
In addition to regular classes, dive instructors also offer group travel to warm water areas that in the past has included Turks and Caicos, Grand Cayman, Palau, Indonesia and other exotic destinations. Dive-shop staff members also rent or sell the requisite equipment for a range of underwater excursions from manufacturers such as DUI, Henderson, Akona, and Fourth Element. The staff also repairs and maintains components and offers leadership courses for divemaster, dive control specialist, scuba instructor, and technical diver training for those looking to dive deeper.