All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Two-night stay in a two-bedroom condo for up to four<p>
Chateau-Style Alpine Resort Nestled in the Canadian Rockies
The rugged, snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies jut proudly above the horizon, a backdrop that serves as an inspiration for the Northstar Mountain Village Resort’s sloping rooftops. Such natural imagery recurs as a decorative motif throughout the property: timber columns herald the resort’s entrance, and rustic stone accents freckle the clapboard and shingle-sided walls. As a result, this alpine resort blend almost seamlessly into the surrounding forested scenery, which becomes an unfettered playground for its visitors in all seasons.
Each two-bedroom condo acts as a portal to glide on the nearby slopes thanks to ski-in/ski-out access. After adventuring, sojourners can retire to their spacious quarters where they can snuggle up in front of the fireplace or trot out to the deck to defrost TV dinners in a private hot tub. Beneath the room’s exposed log beams rests a host of modern amenities in the kitchen, dining, and family-room areas.
Travelers keep in shape and unwind at the Alpine Club, which hosts fitness facilities and a spa, or at a heated 800-square-foot outdoor pool (pool will be closed for maintenance from September 16 until December 15). Youngsters can let loose on the tot lot, which dons a slide and small playground.
Kimberley: Charming Mountain Village with Abundant Outdoor Recreation
Resting on the southeastern corner of British Columbia, the charming mountain town of Kimberley overlooks the Kootenay River Valley and lures outdoor enthusiasts to its natural beauty and abundant activities. More than 1,800 acres of terrain and 80 runs challenge downhill skiers that swoosh through Kimberley Alpine Resort on North Star Mountain, a ski area in the Purcell Range of the Rockies. Travelers can further savor the altitude with cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, dog-sledding, snowshoeing, and freestyle yodeling. In warmer months, Kimberley visitors expend energy by bicycling or hiking through the 1,800-acre Kimberley Nature Park, a sanctuary of tall forests, shady valleys, and glacial ridges.
The vibe of a small Bavarian village permeates the Platzl, a pedestrian-only outdoor shopping mall in downtown Kimberley. Visitors can peruse the art display at gallery Centre 64, dine at one of the German-themed cafes along the street, or pose for a photo with one of the largest freestanding cuckoo clocks in North America.
For a peek into Kimberley’s history as a mining town, the Underground Mining Railway ferries riders on a narrated trip via rail through Mark Creek Valley. In the 750-foot-long tunnel of the underground mining interpretive center, day-trippers can immerse themselves in the life of a miner and see working mine equipment.
Our Recommendations for Your Getaway
- Kimberley Alpine Resort<p> Skiers traverse more than 1,800 acres and 80 named runs of fresh powder at this resort in the Purcell Range of the Rockies.
- Old Bauernhaus Restaurant<p> A barn constructed more than 350 years ago in southern Bavaria houses this restaurant, which serves traditional German fare.
- Kimberley Nature Park<p> This large, 1,800-acre park with trails for hiking and bicycling winds through towering forests and glacial ridges and basins.
- Bootleg Gap Golf<p> A picturesque mountain backdrop rests amid an undulating 18-hole championship course and a nine-hole course.
- Platzl<p> Downtown Kimberley recalls the style of a quaint Bavarian village and sports an outdoor pedestrian-only mall, art gallery, large cuckoo clock, and inviting cafés.
- Kimberley Underground Mining Railway<p> Travelers ride the rails through Mark Creek Valley and learn about Kimberley’s past as a mining town before journeying underground for an up-close peek at working mining equipment.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 21, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Travel must be completed by 12/20/11. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 per visit. Subject to availability. 48hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be 25 or older to check in. Must sign waiver. 14.25% tax not included. Valid only for 2-bedroom luxury condo. Credit card required at booking. Not valid until 9/15/11. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.