Playing a round of golf is a contest between man and nature, much like betting a tree it can’t drink a gallon of milk. Pit yourself against the elements with this Groupon.
$49 for a Golf Outing for Two (Up to $102 Total Value)
- 18-hole round of golf for two, including cart rental (up to a $72 value)
- Two buckets of driving-range balls (a $20 value)
- $10 worth of grill food and drinks at Baldy’s Roost Bar and Restaurant, which serves a menu of grilled chicken sandwiches ($5.25), hot dogs ($3), and chicken wings ($4.50 for six)
Oak Harbor Golf Club
The Oak Harbor Golf Club's 6,493-yard course protrudes into an oxbow on the Portage River, pairing scenic views and cool breezes with an ever-present supply of water hazards and small greens. Along the front nine, players patrol tree-lined fairways dotted by small ponds and bisected by a marshy brook that requires calculated drives and sharp wit to solve riddles proposed by retired caddies turned bridge trolls. The back nine meanders out onto a narrow neck of land within the oxbow and wraps golfers in panoramic views of the river.
Off the course, golfers can bogey-proof their swings with a practice session at the grass-tee driving range or a lesson with PGA–certified instructor Matthew Jennings. After a day filled with aggressive drives, players can relax at Baldy's Roost, which serves a menu of sandwiches, wraps, and salads most enjoyed when eaten with polished divot tools.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 6,493 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 71.1 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 121 from the farthest tees
- Six tee options
94% of 36 customers recommend
“Great value. Great time.”
“Had a great time was a wonderful course with friendly staff!”