Like a gentle dragon or the earth itself, a falafel’s rough exterior belies its inner warmth. Crunch through outer shells with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $10 for $20 worth of Middle Eastern sweets
- $6 for tea and sweets for two (a $12.47 value)
- $12 for tea and sweets for four (a $24.95 value)<p>
Tea and sweets includes the following per two people:
- Two pots of Moroccan tea (a $5.98 value)
- Half-pound of Middle Eastern dessert (a $6.49 value), such as baklava or basbousa, a semolina cake soaked in sweet syrup<p>
At Oasis Restaurant’s sunlit, yellow-hued café, the aroma of simmering lamb and sizzling falafel drifts through the dining room and breaches the borders of the adjacent market and halal butcher shop. Chefs procure fresh cuts of the 100% halal meat from next door to prepare from-scratch Lebanese, Egyptian, and Moroccan delicacies for individual orders or the bountiful weekend buffet. Though Middle Eastern classics such as grape leaves and hummus abound, chefs also pay homage to less prevalent delicacies, such as molokhia, a thick broth made from mallow leaves simmered in garlic. Once diners have finished chewing in unison, they can peruse the adjacent grocery store for imported groceries and fresh goat and lamb.