All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed May 5, 2017
· Reviewed May 1, 2017
· Reviewed April 28, 2017
What You'll Get
- Early Bird Special - One 60 Minute Swedish/Deep Tissue/Combo Massage
- One 60 Minute Swedish/Deep Tissue/Combo Massage
- Two 60 Minute Swedish/Deep Tissue/Combo Massages
- One 90 Minute Swedish/Deep Tissue/Combo Massage
- Two 90 Minute Swedish/Deep Tissue/Combo Massages
- One 60 Minute Four Handed Massage
Oncology Massage: Healing Touch Outside the Hospital
Custom tailored to each patient, oncology massage can assuage a range of physical and mental ailments. Find out more about its benefits with Groupon’s introduction.
For cancer patients, the effects of intensive treatments can sometimes be as difficult to deal with as the disease itself. The combination can be both mentally and physically depleting, which is where oncology massage steps in. The benefits of massage, such as decreasing stress and anxiety, increasing range of motion, and rehabilitating injured muscles, can be especially effective for those suffering from chronic pain due to their illness. Some massage therapists also aim to offset the nausea experienced by many during treatment, or improve sleep patterns. And then there are the less tangible benefits, such as assuaging feelings of isolation and fear through the vehicle of human touch.
Any massage therapist can deliver a relaxing rubdown, but patients affected by cancer should seek out a much more custom treatment. Therapists should not only be well versed in massage technique but have an understanding of the nature of the disease and, of course, be attentive to the condition of each patient. When designing a massage plan for cancer patients and those in remission, therapists must consider essential factors such as blood count, the presence of bone metastases, types of medication, and whether patients are currently undergoing radiation and chemotherapy. Consequently, one of the major components of oncology massage is a thorough, detailed understanding of each patient’s treatment history. From there, massage therapists may employ a number of modified techniques that borrow from Swedish, myotherapy, and deep-tissue modalities.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Ocean Massage
Ocean Massage offers a plethora of modalities that can help you feel more relaxed and relieve aches and pains. Among them:
- Swedish massage, with long, flowing strokes that can bolster circulation and flexibility
- Deep-tissue massage, with deeper, more intense pressure to penetrate deeper into muscles
- Four-hand massage, with two therapists working on the body
- Combo massage, with a blend of styles
- Foot massage, potentially treating injuries such as ankle sprains and plantar fasciitis