- $229 for an open water certification class for one ($399 value)
The class includes:
- Open water diving manual
- Electronic recreational dive planner
- Dive log
- Four two-hour classroom sessions
- Two two-hour pool sessions
- Four open water ocean dives
- Dive gear rentals, including wetsuit, hood, BCD, regulator, tanks, and weights
- PADI Open Water Certification Card upon completion of the class
The class takes two weeks to complete. Classroom sessions take place on Wednesdays and Fridays at 6:30 p.m. The pool sessions are held on the first weekend, and the ocean dives are held on the second weekend, weather permitting.
Ocean Sports Scuba and Freediving
Elite PADI SCUBA Instructor Shaun Crouse has called Ocean Sports Scuba and Freediving home since he was 16. At that time he received his own open-water certification at the facility, and today he pays it forward by providing one-on-one instruction to pupils. Participants can seek certification in all levels of diving, from open-water licenses through PADI master professional licenses.