Both marine experts and novices can enjoy an exciting trip while watching majestic whales
About This Deal
- By appointment (online registration)
- Departure location: 315 South Harbor Drive, 92054 Oceanside, CA
- What to wear: pants or shorts and a light jacket. Weather conditions change throughout the day, therefore layering is best. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Food and beverages are available in the galley for an additional fee. Participants can bring own food and drink.
- Prohibited items: alcohol
- Duration: 90 minutes
Need To Know
About Oceanside Sea Center
Captains Joe Cacciola and Ernie Prieto (a 3rd generation fisherman) love the ocean. The duo partnered up to found Oceanside Sea Center to teach fishing experts and newbies the tricks of the trade, including lessons on sports fishing and marine stewardship. Through their own expertise and partnership with PIER (Pfleger Institute of Environmental Research), Oceanside Sea Center strives to teach the public safe recreational and community fishing and oceanic activities.
Sports Fishing: Five boats are available to board for participants to test their fishing skills. Ride the Chubasco II, a 60' by 20' boat, to reel in yellowtail, barracuda, and white seabass. Smaller boats, such as The Pronto, bring together up to 12 people to fish for local tuna. Each boat rental includes fishing equipment.
Whale Watching: Join the captains on a ship to scope out the largest sea creatures in the world. Whale watching trips are available to any marine expert or novice.
Floating Science Programs: Field trip-like outings are also available to those wishing to learn more about the mysteries of the ocean and its sea creatures.