Choose Between Two Options
- $120 for two-day surfing camp for two, August 16–17 ($220 value)
- $120 for two-day surfing camp for two, August 23–24 ($220 value)
In addition to camp registration, campers also get the following:
- Rashguard, T-shirt, and dry tote
- Sunscreen, rubber wristband, and stickers
- $10 coupon for in-store use at Ohana
- $5 coupon to use at Yaga’s Cafe
- $2 coupon to use at Float Pool & Patio
- $1 coupon to use at Go Carts
Ohana Surf & Skate
Each spring, excitement starts to build along Galveston's coast like the crest of a giant wave. It can only mean one thing: Ohana Surf & Skate is hosting its annual Spring Surf Classic, during which some of the best boarders compete for aquatic glory. The surfers might even inspire others to pick up the sport. Aspiring riders won't have to look far for guidance.
The instructors at Ohana lead surf and skate lessons, as well as summer surf camps for kids 6–17 years old. Each morning, the waters of Galveston Island transform into classrooms where experienced surfers teach campers to balance atop boards, surf, and explore the Gulf of Mexico. Lessons go beyond riding waves; marine biologists often visit to teach students about aquatic life.
Besides these educational programs and special events, Ohana Surf & Skate's staff runs a retail store that looks straight out of Hawaii. A mural of palm trees and hula dancers covers one side of the exterior. Inside, patrons find surfboards, skateboard decks, clothing, and a wall of sandals big enough to replace an interior designer's supply of wallpaper.