Dancing is one of the oldest forms of courting a partner, alongside writing their name in burning crops and rescuing them from Hades by hiding inside a pomegranate. Get your groove on with today’s Groupon to OKC Swing Dance Club. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get an individual membership to one of the following group classes (a $60 value):
- One month of West Coast swing
- Six weeks of country-western
- Six weeks of salsa<p>
- For $55, you get a couples membership to one of the following group classes (up to a $120 value):
- One month of West Coast swing lessons (a $60 value/student)
- Two months of ballroom lessons (a $60 value/student)
- Six weeks of salsa lessons (a $60 value/student)
- Six weeks of country-western classes (a $60 value/student)
- 20 weeks of square-dancing lessons (a $50 value/student)<p>
The OKC Swing Dance Club’s team of award-winning instructors initiates pupils into the rug-cutting arts in group classes open to couples or individuals. West Coast swing classes teach a fluid, improvisational style perfect for impressing at parties or confounding friends with cinder blocks for shoes. Ballroom classes cover classical steps, and salsa lessons enliven feet with zesty Latin moves.
Break down the two-step, shuffle, and waltz depending on the month during country-western courses, or help toes to boost their geometry grades during square dances. All lessons take place atop the OKS Swing Club’s levitating wooden floor, supporting feet with firmness coupled with sufficient give.
Square dancing begins in January and is a progressive class. Groupon customers must start lessons by February. No partner is needed for this deal.
OKC Swing Dance Club
The focus at OKC Swing Dance Club is on West Coast swing. The exceedingly social dance is made up of sweeping spins set to brassy, upbeat tunes. With roots in Los Angeles and some of the quirky aesthetic of rockabilly, it can be ideal for dancers of all ages and skill levels. Instructors also pass down techniques from other styles, such as salsa, country-western, and ballroom, and this can allow one to become the center of attention at a party without crying into a smashed piñata for hours. To help the staff, visiting dancers and teachers at the studio lead workshops on creative movement.