Choose from Three Options
$13 for festival admission for two with two 6-ounce beer samples each ($20 value)
$26 for festival admission for four with two 6-ounce beer samples each ($48 value)
$30 for a craft-beer package for one ($50 value)
- Festival admission for one
- Four 6-ounce beer samples
- One 16-ounce beer
- One water or soda
- $12 credit toward any food at the festival
Together, the Brew & BBQ Ribs and Chicken Cook-off and Craft Beer Festival celebrate summer —beer and barbecue—on Saturday, May 16, at 10 a.m. The festival will feature cooking competitions, live music, and for the kids, carnival rides. Also, beer samples will be available from breweries such as Dogfish Head, Cigar City Brewing, Funky Buddha Brewery, and more. Since it’s hosted by the American German Club, German favorites like bratwurst, potato salad, and sauerkraut will also be available.
American German Club
The American German Club started in 1967 with a simple idea: to make German culture accessible to everyone. In the intervening years, the founders' hopes have born fruit. Today, visitors flock to their organization's Bavarian-style clubhouse for German festivities, such as:
- Oktoberfest: An annual beer festival approaching its 50th year, featuring steins full of Hofbräu Bier and plates of sizzling bratwurst. Live Bavarian music and spontaneous sing-alongs keep patrons entertained, as does a ceremonial keg-tapping.
- Christkindlmart: A outdoor German market stocked with holiday treats, from hand-crafted Christmas ornaments and jewelry to gingerbread houses visitors can decorate. As they shop, patrons sip beers and glühwein, a hot spiced wine.
- Masskrugstemmen: A stein-holding competition that proves hand-strength can get you more than a perfectly-cracked pistachio. The champion goes to New York to compete at a national level.