Choose Between Two Options
- $13 for admission for two to the Long Island Fair ($24 value)
- $23 for admission for four to the Long Island Fair ($48 value)
- Includes Old Bethpage Village Restoration admission
- Redeemable any single day September 27–28 or October 2–5
- Click to see the fair schedule.
Visitors might be dizzied by the entertainment at the Long Island Fair, but it’s not due to a tilt-a-whirl. Think magic shows, a petting zoo, and historical entertainment. Stilt walkers traverse the grounds, and entertainers enthrall families with puppets, juggling and storytelling. All of these festivities continue a 172-year tradition. Attractions such as livestock shows, tractor rides, Civil War reenactments, and Rough Rider demonstrations whisk riders back to another era. And that’s just the beginning—you’ll also find:
- Historical demonstrations: hat-making, pottery, blacksmithing, weaving, and candle-making
- Dance opportunities: brass bands, a fiddler, bluegrass band Buddy Merriam & Backroads, Homegrown String Band, and kids’ singer-songwriter Patricia Shih
- For tiny tots: a Farmer for a Day area and a hands-on Vegetable Orchestra
- Tests of skill: sawing, corn-husking, and scarecrow-building contests; guessing the weight of a giant pumpkin
- Tickets required: rides on camels, ponies, horse-drawn wagons, a hot-air balloon, and a 19th-century carousel; bounce houses
- Eats for sale: candied apples, pumpkins, organic veggies, fresh-made candy, giant turkey legs, and funnel cakes
Driving Ranges of Nassau County
Nassau County loves golf. Thankfully, that hasn't gone unnoticed. Today, the Nassau County Parks Department has 18-hole courses, 9-hole courses, and mini golf courses in its gigantic caddy bag, as well as places for players to hone their games comfortably even when the weather gets cold. Here's a quick look at the three driving ranges of Nassau County.
Cantiague Park: 17 covered and heated driving range stalls, 19 additional stalls, and a total distance of 270 yards to the far fence. Hours are 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Eisenhower Park: 60 driving-range stalls with a total distance of more than 400 yards to the far fence. Hours are 7 a.m.–8 p.m.
North Woodmere Park: 22 driving range stalls with a total distance of 200 yards to the far fence. Hours are 7 a.m.–8 p.m.