Choose Between Two Options
- $16 for a wine tasting with North Carolina artisanal cheese for two ($32 value)
- $26 for a wine tasting with North Carolina artisanal cheese for four ($52 value)<p>
Each wine tasting includes:
- One wine tasting per person
- One glass of wine per person
- One take-home Old Stone wine glass per person
- Each group also receives a half-pound of handcrafted English Farmstead cheese in their choice of Ashford cheddar or Buttercup semisoft. <p>
Old Stone Winery
Before moving to Charlotte and taking the reins at Old Stone Winery, Darin and Naomi Griffin lived in Germany, where they refined their palates at wine festivals in the Rheingau region. Nowadays, they pass along the fruits of their experience via wines such as their 2007 chambourcin, which won a double gold at the North Carolina State Fair, and their sweet muscadine wine, which won the 2008 Muscadine Cup. The latter was crafted from grapes grown on the winery’s 130-acre estate.
The Griffins strive to use local sources for the rest of their eclectic wine catalog, which encompasses both reds and whites in flavors ranging from sweet to dry.