A golf course is a scenic sanctuary where young blades of grass receive constant grooming and grizzled grains of sand can retire far away from merciless ocean waves. Explore a relaxing landscape with today’s Groupon: for $60, you get a golf outing for two at Olde Oaks Golf Club in Haughton (up to a $123.98 total value, tax included). The package includes the following:
- 18-hole round of golf for two including cart rental (up to a $45 value per person). Golfers can choose two of the three nine-hole courses to complete a full 18-hole round.
- Two buckets of driving range balls (a $5.25 value each)
- A lunch package that includes the following:
- Two hot dogs and two bags of chips (a $3.99 value each)
- Two draft beers (a $2.50 value each)<p>
Designed with the consultation of former U.S. Ryder Cup captain Hal Sutton, Olde Oaks’ 27-hole golf course winds across 34 acres of undulating, water-kissed woodland terrain. The relatively lengthy and challenging grassy monolith—all three 18-hole possibilities measure more than 7,000 yards from the back tees—tempers the difficulty of its well-fortified greens and ominous tree lines with generous fairways, five sets of tees, and astute carts that can read both putts and the inner thoughts of your 9-iron. The Cypress and Meadow links most prominently feature aquatic hazards, including harrowing forced-carries on Meadow’s seventh and eighth holes and Cypress’s fourth.
Divot-tearing duos can prepare for their round with a warm-up bucket of range balls at the driving range, or nosh on pre-round rations of hot dogs, chips, and draft beers that can imbue swings with liquid confidence or be used to wake up slumbering sand wedges before the tee-to-green odyssey begins.
Course at a Glance * 27-hole course designed with collaboration of former U.S. Ryder Cup captain Hal Sutton * Nine-hole Oak measures 3,622 yards from the farthest tees * Nine-hole Cypress measures 3,638 yards from the farthest tees * Nine-hole Meadow measures 3,681 yards from the farthest tees * Course rating range of 75 to 75.2 from the farthest tees (Cypress and Oak 18 features lowest rating) * Slope range of 136 to 143 from the farthest tees * Five tee options available<p>
Olde Oaks Golf Club’s rates vary throughout the day and week.
Olde Oaks Golf Club
Designed with the input of former US Ryder Cup team captain and 1983 PGA Championship winner Hal Sutton, Olde Oaks Golf Club’s 27-hole golf course weaves through 34 acres of wooded terrain teeming with ponds and streams. All three 18-hole combinations span more than 7,000 yards from the farthest tees, though the course’s open fairways offer plenty of space for golfers to unsheathe their driver or airdrop golf balls from remote-control helicopters. Though all three nine-hole layouts showcase plenty of natural hazards that add challenge to rounds, the Cypress and Meadow courses prominently feature ponds and streams, including difficult forced carries on both Meadow’s seventh and eight holes and Cypress’s fourth.
Before rounds, golfers can warm up at Olde Oaks Golf Club’s recently revamped driving range and head to The Grille at Olde Oaks after the round’s final putt and strut to enjoy the social trappings of a full-service bar, burgers, and two televisions.
Course at a Glance:
- 27-hole course designed with collaboration of former US Ryder Cup captain Hal Sutton
- Nine-hole Oak measures 3,622 yards from the farthest tees
- Nine-hole Cypress measures 3,638 yards from the farthest tees
- Nine-hole Meadow measures 3,681 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating range of 75 to 75.2 from the farthest tees (Cypress and Oak 18 features lowest rating)
- Slope range of 136 to 143 from the farthest tees
- Five tee options available
60 Golf Club Dr.
Haughton, Louisiana 71037