Horses and humans have worked together for centuries, transporting goods, fording rivers, and sharing the blame for the fall of Troy. Bond with the noblest of creatures with today’s Groupon: for $60, you get a Cinderella Carriage Ride package from Olde Towne Carriage Company (a $125 value), which includes:
- A 20-minute ride in the Cinderella Carriage for up to six guests.
- A visit to the Cinderella-decorated barn.
- A visit with the horses.
- An opportunity for a photo taken by the staff.
- Your choice of three after-ride packages:
- Friends and Family package with a marshmallow roast
- Princess package with a post-ride snack at a table set for a princess
- Romantic package with a red rose and chocolate to present after the ride <p>
For more than 30 years, Olde Towne Carriage Company’s drivers have ferried wide-eyed voyagers in a fleet of well-appointed horse-drawn carriages. The Cinderella Carriage Ride ensconces up to six riders in a pumpkin-shaped carriage for a jaunt that makes passengers feels like royalty and royalty feel like the free, carriage-sharing commoners they so envy. Comfy red seats and an open design cradled by lacy white ironwork give all passengers prime views as some of Charleston’s most scenic vistas parade past. Equine aficionados can drop by the enchantingly decorated barn for some face time with the intrepid carriage-pullers, including Sugar the mini horse.
Friends and Family packages wrap up warmly with post-ride cocoa and marshmallows while the Princess Package stokes monarchical dreams with delectable treats at a specially set table. The Romantic Package proffers dashing suitors a rose and chocolate to bestow upon objects of affection after rides, further cementing love with sweethearts or cleanly breaking off tepid relationships with lactose-intolerant, pollen-allergic paramours.
20 Anson St.
Charleston, South Carolina 29401