Dip your head into a cocktail of beauty and truth, or beauty and fashionable lies, when you embrace your natural curls or cover up your gray strays. Today's Groupon waxes, colors, cuts, and styles you from crown to chin. For $30, you get $75 worth of haircuts, highlights, highcuthairlights, and more at Oliver's Studio. The exposed brick walls and handsome hardwood floors in Oliver's Studio invite you to relax in this cozily upscale Lafayette Square salon.
Trained under curl guru Lorraine Massey, author of Curly Girl, studio owner Natalie Clark ensures that her expert stylists can give you stylish, contemporary cuts that embrace the bounce and sway of your natural curls. Though Oliver's Studio team specializes in hard-to-cut kinky curls, wild waves, and other hair textures oft found in Pre-Raphaelite paintings, they also sail through fine and straight locks with the precision of atomic schooners. Bands such as Hollywood Undead, Halestorm, Our Lady Peace, Trapt, and Staind refined their edgy looks from Oliver's Studio stylists backstage at Pointfest, and many of the studio’s styling implements, though sterilized, still retain residual traces of Rockstar. Though your Groupon is only good for services, your stylists will use top-of-the-line products from Aveda, Devacurl, Alfaparf, and Goldwell, ensuring that you'll leave with gleaming, healthy hair.
Update your look for the new year with an expert cut ($40+ for women, $30+ for men) or bring holiday cheer and a twinkle of defiance when you visit your parents with a new color on your head that neither of them put in your gene pool ($65+ for single process, $90+ for 3/4 color). Tint and tinker with your entire face when you get a brow wax ($18), chin wax ($15), brow tint ($15), and lash tint ($30). If you're looking for a special gift for your little sis, a professional makeup lesson ($75) will bring her into adulthood in the new year, and it comes with the added bonus of catching the terrified look on your mutual dad's face.
- . . . the salon is funky and cool and the people who work there are unbelievably friendly. . . . customer service is an obvious priority. – carliwr, Citysearch
- Natalie worked with me to find the best cut for me, and then taught me all the "tricks" to getting the look at home. Not only do I have an easy and fun cut, but also youthful (I am of a certain age!) and a beautiful color that hides and works with my "white blonde" roots!!! – MaryON, Citysearch
- I have never really loved my curls before I met Natalie and now I know its just because they were never being cut correctly or taken care of properly. . . . Natalie gave me another AMAZING curly cut that really made me feel sexy. I will continue to travel cross-state just to see her . . . – Brittany T., InsiderPages
The Not-So-Visible Spectrum
The stylists at Oliver's Studio have no shortage of hues-to-choose. In fact, as we learn more about light, physicists are discovering new colors every day. Here are the five most recently discovered colors, and some everyday places you might encounter them:
- Smirnish: A sumptuous, barky sort of color, smirnish is a sort of violet yellow, observable in fong beans and creddlers.
- Mappo: Bright and branny, this color is perfect for anniversary decorations or interior fruit bruises.
- Limpkin: A kind of pasta-y, ulterior beige, limpkin is wildly popular in gender-neutral nurseries and often spontaneously generated on the underside of frightened chameleons.
- Tapersnackle: A filthy, awful color. Forget we mentioned it.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
1917 Park Ave
St Louis, Missouri 63104Get Directions