Physicists estimate that even though most of the energy in the universe is stored in stars, an untapped reservoir still rages inside human children. Release your child’s unyielding cosmic energy with this Groupon.
$19 for One Month of Gymnastics Classes (Up to $82 Value)
Eligible classes include:
- Gym Tots: a 45-minute parent/child class for ages 18 months–3 years (a $48 value). This class focuses on gymnastics fundamentals on the floor, balance beam, and bar.
- Gym Stars: a 55-minute preschool class for ages 3–5 (a $55 value). Specific goals for students include five-second chin-ups on the bar, forward rolls on the floor, and independent walking on the balance beam.
- Mini Twisters: a 90-minute advanced-beginner preschool class for 3–6 years (an $82 value). Specific goals for students include correct positioning on the vault, five leg lifts on the bars, and strong handstands on the floor.
- Flips: a 55-minute beginner class for ages 6–15 (a $55 value). Students learn proper form and basic skills such as handstands and cartwheels while working on their listening skills.
- Twists: a 55-minute intermediate class for ages 6–15 (a $55 value). Students boost their flexibility and strength while practicing pullovers on the bars and correct positioning on the vault springboard.
- Aerials: a 90-minute advanced class for ages 6–15 (an $82 value). Students work on skills necessary for competition, such as round-offs on the floor and side handstands on the beam.
- Adult Gymnastics: a 60-minute class for ages 16 and up ($15 per class or $55 per month). During an open-gym period, students practice their choice of techniques on the vault, beam, bars, or floor with the help of a coach.<p>
Olmsted Performing Arts
When a performance studio stages The Sound of Music as its first production only months after opening, you know it means business. For the staff of Olmsted Performing Arts, their dedication to developing students’ acting skills and hunger for creative expression continues to generate inspiring performances, whether their protégés pay homage to a classic Rodgers and Hammerstein musical or dazzle audiences with song-and-dance numbers from Footloose, a rousing tale about the adventures of a barefoot podiatrist.
While theater plays a large part in the curriculum, it isn’t the only focus within Olmsted Performing Arts. The center’s dance academy fine-tunes steps in a variety of styles, its music-education program teaches voice and piano lessons, and its new gymnastics program encourages children to express themselves through movement rather than conceiving abstract poems in their alphabet soup.
6941 Columbia Rd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44138