Choose from Six Options
$55 for a nine-week theater class for one from October 25 to January 17 ($117 value). Choose one of the following:
- Saturdays 10 a.m.–10:55 a.m.
- Saturdays noon–12:55 p.m.
Ages 14 and Older
- Saturdays 11 a.m.–11:55 a.m.
- Saturdays 1 p.m.–1:55 p.m.
$50 for an eight-week art workshop ($106 value). Choose one of the following:
- November 1–January 17: Cool Contraptions for ages 8 and older on Saturdays at 10 a.m.–10:55 a.m.
- November 6–January 15: Art of Animals for ages 4–8 on Thursdays at 4:30 p.m.–5:25 p.m.
Olmsted Performing Arts
Groups of kids cluster together backstage. The house lights dim, the curtain rises, and the show has begun. This is a regular occurrence at OPA, which has put on performances of everything from the kid-friendly Seussical to classics such as Singin' in the Rain and West Side Story. But OPA doesn't just want to encourage the future Denzel Washingtons and Meryl Streeps of the world—they work to awaken creativity of all kinds in kids. Their dance company turns students into true performers, and film classes put them behind the lens. They even offer homeschooling courses to ensure that kids outside of the traditional school system can get the arts education they deserve. But it's not all work at OPA; they offer parties, too. Kids can choose from themes such as Princess, designed for lovers of Cinderella and Rapunzel, and Nerf, which is perfect for kids who are fans of shooting foam balls at their friends' heads.