What You'll Get
Snowboards provide a quick and exciting means of speeding down a mountaintop, allowing riders to escape winter doldrums or overly talkative yetis. Leave boredom behind with today’s Groupon to Olympus Board Shop in Torrance. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get a snowboard tune-up (a $40 value).
- For $12, you get a one-day snowboard rental package (a $25 value).
- For $20, you get a two-day snowboard rental package (a $40 value).<p>
Olympus Board Shop’s snow experts use their mastery to tune up boards and equip customers with gear by K2, Salomon, and Jones, custom-tested in-house. Techs bolster patron-owned equipment, smoothing rough surfaces with a base grind and edge bevel to prevent pointed edges from digging too deeply into snow or a neighbor’s roof. Afterward, a hot wax seals the surface against damage from ice.
Alternatively, renters arrive the day before a mountain trip to outfit themselves from the store’s comprehensive selection of merchandise, receiving a board, boots, bindings in adult or child sizes, and a book of mountain-appropriate smack talk. The staff customizes each specific piece of equipment to the experience level and goals of the rider, whether they want to test-drive the latest boards or practice their backflips.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 19, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Rentals subject to availability. Rental package options not valid 2/17-2/19/12. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Liquid Yogi
Michelle Gierst has two loves in life: the ocean and practicing yoga. At The Liquid Yogi, she combines these passions by teaching students how to do yoga on a standup paddleboard. This method requires even more core strength and balance than traditional yoga, since practitioners must also balance themselves on gently rocking waves. Read on to learn a bit more about Michelle and her company:
- Her certifications: She's certified to teach yoga, Pilates, SUP yoga, Groovy Kids yoga, TRX, and Zumba.
- Some of the places she's taught: Costa Rica, England, Spain
- What she's doing when she's not teaching: She's working for Beyond the Shore, a nonprofit organization she founded that promotes ocean conservation.