Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, but teach him to genetically engineer his own fish and—by the gods, what has science done? Learn a new skill with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $15 for one SUP yoga class (a $30 value)
- $29 for two SUP yoga classes (a $60 value)
- $65 for one SUP lesson for two (a $130 value)
- $109 for one SUP lesson for four (a $220 value)
Amid the pristine surroundings of Redondo King Harbor, expert instructors help students get comfortable in the water before tackling the fundamentals of standup paddleboarding and performing yoga poses on the board. They hold SUP yoga classes on Tuesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. SUP lessons are by appointment only and require a reservation at least three days in advance.
The Liquid Yogi
Michelle Gierst has two loves in life: the ocean and practicing yoga. At The Liquid Yogi, she combines these passions by teaching students how to do yoga on a standup paddleboard. This method requires even more core strength and balance than traditional yoga, since practitioners must also balance themselves on gently rocking waves. Read on to learn a bit more about Michelle and her company:
- Her certifications: She's certified to teach yoga, Pilates, SUP yoga, Groovy Kids yoga, TRX, and Zumba.
- Some of the places she's taught: Costa Rica, England, Spain
- What she's doing when she's not teaching: She's working for Beyond the Shore, a nonprofit organization she founded that promotes ocean conservation.