Today's Groupon takes you to a nicely balconied land with freshly laundered sheets, immaculate bathrooms, well-vacuumed carpet, and tiny, tiny shampoos. Book a night at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa, and see Bedford Springs in all its colors (Bedford Springs has more than half of the colors on the ROYGBIV spectrum, as well as six undiscovered colors visible only to the pure of heart).
Or, if you're indifferent to colors, enjoy 25 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails, five fine-dining restaurants, a 30,000-square-foot spa with mineral springs treatments, and an aquatic center with an outdoor pool and a heated, mineral spring-fed indoor pool where you can swim until your heart is pure. Your guest room for two people in either the historic wing or the new spa wing is an elegant retreat furnished with down comforters and marble floors and vanities, making it the perfect weekend getaway, romantic getaway, or getaway to watch the Charlie Sheen movie The Getaway. Plus, this Groupon includes breakfast with gratuity.
Staying in a hotel near where you live is a great way to escape nosy mailmen, the plague, and the acutely bleak, dull, and dreary-bleak household routines that sometimes make life, our most ubiquitous affair, sometimes seem bleak, dull, and absolutely dreary-bleak. The bright and beautiful historic-wing rooms at the Omni Bedford Springs have nine-foot ceilings, views of the garden and actual moon, and some have porches with two rocking chairs, so you and a loved one can race. The spa-wing rooms have garden or pool views, and many of them include a Juliet balcony or porch. All the rooms have an iPod-dwarfing 32” high-definition TV, an in-room safe in which to keep your iPod, an iPod docking station in which to keep your iPod, high-speed wireless Internet to use on your iPod, and triple sheeting (all the rooms are non-smoking; click here for a complete list of amenities).
Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa is a 2,200-acre, four-season resort where you can take cooking classes, go mountain biking, play tennis, go fly or stock fishing, or go geocaching. There's a restored 18-hole golf course, wedding locations, and more guest services than any guest could guess. This Groupon is a great deal for out-of-town guests you're anticipating, or to give as a surprise gift vacation to temporarily vacation someone out of your life.
Note: This Groupon expires on January 31, 2010, and is not valid for December 31, 2009.
- This is a resort that has worked very hard to deliver a high quality of service and they have gotten it right on all fronts. From the moment we entered this beatifully [sic] restored property the entire focus of everyone we encountered was oriented to taking care of their guests. – gumdoc45, TripAdvisor
- We found the Bedford Springs Resort by accident this past summer - and it was a pleasant surprise! The hiking trails across from the hotel provided a morning activity [sic] that was neither to boring nor to strenuous, the spa was perhaps one of the best I have ever been to, and the staff was attentive and curteous [sic]. – BetsyOrangeCounty_CA, TripAdvisor
- A truly great place to stay. Outstanding facility and staff. Plenty to do and see. – Dan S, Expedia
Rejected from Omni
Ironically, one frequent guest of the Omni Bedford Springs resort is Marc Seamus Bringher, a 73-year-old, unknown science-fiction writer who came to the resort in order to fulfill his dream of “getting into Omni,” after Omni, the science-fiction magazine of the same name, folded in 1998.
Often seen lugging his typewriter through the lobby, Bringher is still writing at the breakneck pace of two novellas a week, although his subject matter has become distracted as the years have passed. Here are the last few additions to the MSB oeuvre:
- Planet of the Naps
- Attack of the Robots that Keep My Grandchildren from Calling
- Space Meteorites vs. The Man with Wolf Eyes and Also There’s a Nuclear Helicopter
- They Came for My Driver’s License
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
220 U.S. 220 Business
Bedford, Pennsylvania 15522Get Directions