Choose from Three Options
- $12 for an Express wash ($26.99 value)
- $32 for a Supreme wash ($69.99 value)
- $39 for an Express wash and a carnauba wax ($89.99 value)
- Each option is valid for a small, medium, or large vehicle.
Leather Conditioner: Keeping Seats Supple
This deal includes leather conditioner. Learn more about its nourishing effects with Groupon’s introduction.
Like your own skin, leather upholstery is susceptible to damage by heat, overly moist or dry air, and UV rays. And it’s exposed to these elements a lot—in parking lots, on the road, at the tops of volcanoes, and inside your garage. Over time, these malign forces can cause the leather to dry out, crack, and fade.
Fortunately, leather conditioner can help prevent and even reverse some of the damage by doing for a car’s upholstery essentially what moisturizer does for human skin. Some of the ingredients even can be the same such as vitamin E and aloe. Others come from the animal world. In its original form, lanolin keeps sheep warm and dry by giving their wool a waxy coating continuously secreted by their sebaceous glands. Once the wool is sheared and washed, this greasy substance can be recovered and turned into products that protect and moisturize other materials. There’s also mink oil, a byproduct of fur farms. Finally, just as many face creams include sunblock, many leather conditioners also contain UV protection to prevent fading and brittleness.
- Experts recommend conditioning the leather interior of your car approximately every three months.
- For the best results, look for pH balanced, water-based conditioners that won’t leave a greasy finish.