Ballet classes by professional instructors can help perfect the posture, boost self-confidence, and improve physical health
About This Deal
- The Ballet Center offers ballet classes for all kinds of ages (from 2-year-olds to adults) and skill levels, as well as preschool ballet/tap combination, musical theater, and hip hop classes
- New-student registration fee is included
- Three-month option is valid for up to two classes per week
- No dance partner required. Click here to see what it’s like to take a dance class by yourself.
- Valid for new students only
Need To Know
About The Ballet Center
The Ballet Center, Ballet Long Island, and The Theater Company all share one space and one mission: to provide opportunities for all people to experience the art of performance. Established in 1985, Ballet Long Island is a professional ballet company where seasoned dance instructors lead arts in education programs, an apprentice program, a trainee program, choreography, master classes, and workshops. Classes train toes to pas de basque in beginners classes for youth through professional-level pointe classes, and contemporary styles such as modern and hip-hop infuse choreography with vivacious rhythms and full-body flutters. Small class sizes ensure students can progress quickly with individual instruction, and a floating dance floor set on high-density foam absorbs shocks and reduces the chances of injury. As a nonprofit, The Ballet Center directs its funds to make it possible for community members to learn dance through scholarships and low tuition fees.
Performances in Ballet Long Island's repertoire include The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Snow White, The Sleeping Beauty, The Fantastic Toyshop, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Swan Lake Act II, Multicultural Celebration, Le Corsaire pas de deux, Don Quixote pas de deux, and original ballets choreographed for the company.