All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 19, 2013
Reviewed October 3, 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012
What You'll Get
Playing a round of golf is a contest between man and nature, much like betting a tree it can’t drink a gallon of milk. Pit yourself against the elements with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $49 for 18 holes of golf with a cart rental and one bucket of range balls Monday–Thursday (a $100 value)
- $59 for 18 holes of golf with a cart rental and one bucket of range balls Friday–Sunday (a $120 value)
- $139 for a one-day club membership for two (a $300 total value)<p>
- 18 holes of golf with a cart and unlimited range balls for two (a $240 value)
- $40 voucher for the lunch menu at The Demaret Grille
- Two $10 pro-shop vouchers
- Access to the fitness center, tennis courts, and pool
- Ability to pre-book personal-training sessions and private golf and tennis lessons
- Childcare for $8 per hour (not covered by this deal)<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per group; additional players receive a discounted rate with Groupon customers. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. 24hr cancellation notice required. Must be 18 or older or have a valid driver's license to drive cart. Valid only after 10AM weekdays & after noon Friday-Sunday Must have appropriate attire including collared shirt and golf or tennis shoes. Not valid on Memorial Day, July 4th, or Labor Day. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Onion Creek Club
Three-time Masters Champion Jimmy Demaret states, “I simply followed the natural features of the land” to explain the genesis of his brainchild, the Onion Creek Club. Here 18 holes of championship golf—designed by course architects Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore—sprawl alongside tennis courts and a clubhouse with a fitness center and junior-Olympic-size swimming pool. The par-70 course’s claim to fame is having hosted the inaugural Senior PGA event in 1978, four years after the greens’ bermuda grass first whimpered under cleated feet. Its signature third hole invites golfers to play aggressively with their drivers in order to vault orbs onto a landing strip guarded by trees and a creek, or to grip their irons and aim for a narrow green that has notoriously uncommunicative air-traffic controllers.
In addition to the course and its accompanying driving range with 30 hitting stations, Onion Creek Club invites racket-wielders to take advantage of lighted hard and clay tennis courts. The clubhouse’s fitness center challenges muscles with Cybex strength machines, and its junior-Olympic-size pool allows 9 irons to slip into their bikinis and go for a splash.