Sate cravings for the classical with today's deal to an Onyx Chamber Players performance. Choose between two ticket types:
- For $10, you get one ticket for age 26 and up (up to a $20 value).
- For $5, you get one ticket for age 25 and under (a $10 value).
Choose between two performances at Town Hall Seattle:
- "All Beethoven" at 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 13
- "All Schubert" at 7 p.m. on Sunday, May 29
Acclaimed for its innovative takes on traditional classics, the three-piece Onyx Chamber Players fuses a crisp and clear performance style with the virtuosic sounds of modern instruments in its interpretations of the classical era. Violinist James Garlick, cellist Meg Brennand, and pianist David White will apply their breathtaking virtuosity as they showcase a batch of unique Beethoven works on March 13, including his first published composition, his final trio, and a rare set of variations.
In May, catch the trio weaving through the inspired notes of Austrian composer Franz Schubert, including his piano trio Sonatensatz and the piano trio in E-flat. This show will include a duo of delightful guest artists—J. Melvin Butler on viola and Steve Schermer on double bass–– who will help close the concert with the Trout quintet, op. 114.
The Gathering Note reviewed a recent performance by Onyx Chamber Players:
- These are three performers who thoroughly enjoy making music together. I have never seen a group of musicians smile more during a performance! This genuine joy, accompanied by their intelligent, exciting interpretations of the trio repertoire, makes Onyx a very fun trio to watch. We’re very fortunate to have them as a resident piano trio in Seattle. – Dana Wen, The Gathering Note
1119 8th Ave.
Seattle, Washington 98101Get Directions