All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed January 13, 2016
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $59 for a 75-minute hypnotherapy session ($150 value)
- $89 for a two-hour past-life hypnotherapy session ($250 value)
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for therapy. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Subjects’ suggestibility does not emerge from any lack of understanding, but rather from the suppression of inhibitions. That might result in a stage performer making a person feel comfortable enough to cluck like a duck that thinks it’s a chicken, but for a therapist it might mean circumventing the conscious mind’s tendency to make excuses for an addiction.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more susceptible to suggestion, it’s simply not possible to force them to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-set psychological issue such as a phobia or an addiction, hypnosis doesn’t work by reversing the patient’s unwanted thoughts but by gradually strengthening their resolve to silence them.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional lulls the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, easy-to-swallow commands such as “relax your arms.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 180 days. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required. 24-hour cancellation notice required. Merchant's standard cancellation/no-show policy applies (nothing to exceed the price of Groupon already paid). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.